Kevin B. Spaeth
- 1978 | Southeast Missouri State University; B.S.
- 1981 | Washburn University of Topeka; J.D.
- Missouri Bar, 1981
- Kansas Bar, 1982
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Missouri, 1981
- United States Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit, 1985
- United States Supreme Court, 1992
- 32nd Judicial Circuit Bar Association
- President 2010-2011
- President of Young Lawyer Section 1984-1985
- The Missouri Bar
- American Bar Association
- National Health Lawyers Association
Areas of Emphasis
- Advanced Estate Planning (wills, trust & non-probate transfers)
- Business Law; Succession Planning; Contracting; Business Creation & Dissolution
- Health Care Law
- Probate & Estates
- The Missouri Bar, " Annual Update of the Law" Yearly
- The Missouri Bar- Advanced Business Law Topics: "How-To" and "Next Steps" Series
- Wisconsin Hospital Association on Healthcare Purchasing/ Materials Management
- Missouri Hospital Association on Healthcare Purchasing/ Materials Management; HIPAA
- National Group Purchasing Group on Building Federally Compliant Purchasing Groups
- Lorman Education Services on HIPAA & Missouri Records Laws
- Local Hospital, Medical and Dental Associations on Estate Planning; Charitable Gifts; HIPAA compliance & Purchasing laws
- The Missouri Bar Mini Law School—Faculty: business law and real property
Kevin limits his practice to estate planning, business law, healthcare law and probate/estate work.
Kevin has extensive experience in the formation and dissolution of all manner of business entities, including limited partnerships, corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships. He has been involved in the formation of family limited partnerships to effectuate estate freezes and insure succession planning to the next generation for closely held family businesses and farms. Kevin has been involved in numerous business dissolutions and reformations to accommodate family splits; spin-offs for the next generation, as well as owner disputes that require a division of assets and business opportunities.
Kevin has handled all manner of contract negotiations and complex drafting of business agreements on behalf of the employer and the employee. This drafting experience includes employment agreements, covenants not to compete and disputes involving competitive issues. Kevin has an emphasis in health care matters from the perspective of the practitioner/healthcare professional dealing with healthcare delivery systems ranging from multi-hospital systems to smaller community hospitals. Kevin has extensive experience with physician owned ambulatory surgery centers and other physician controlled entities.
Kevin’s estate planning experience covers the full range of generational planning from the small estate to include very large multi-million dollar estates. The combination of business and estate planning practice allows Kevin to integrate both business and estate planning concepts to achieve transfers of assets and wealth to the next generation while striving to minimize tax exposure.
Kevin will be happy to sit down and discuss your business/estate planning needs. There is never a charge for the initial consultation. Kevin will explain fees and expenses prior to the legal engagement.